Capable, stand-out resource who quickly establishes credibility, builds relationships and assumes a leadership role with a proven record of high-level vision and understanding coupled with a keen ability to get things done individually and cooperatively.
WordPress: Developing sites for over twenty years, exclusively with WordPress since 2009.
Involvement: Weekly participation on WordPress training team, frequently on the Plugin Review team, regularly attend WordPress MeetUps in Philly area, and previously in DC. Attended 7 WordCamps, most of which as a volunteer in the Happiness bar.
Entrepreneurial: Built operational infrastructure to support company growth and designed sales programs to drive revenue to $3.8 million within three years of start up.
2019 WC-Philadelphia – Create Your Own Plugin for WordPress Blocks
2019 WC-Lehigh Valley – Plugin Anatomy: Building an AJAX Plugin
2019 WC-Publishers – Participant Migrations Panel
2019 WC-Lancaster PA – Block Filters: The Answer to Customizing Blocks Without Rolling Your Own
2018 WC-Lehigh Valley – Creating WordPress Blocks to Reshape Plugin Functionality for the New WordPress Editor
2017 WC-Philadelphia – Enqueueing WordPress Scripts and Styles
2017 WC-Lehigh Valley – Plug In to the WordPress Customizer
Feb2019-Sep2019 – Sandusky Newspaper Group
Built a standalone WordPress installation to handle authentication for four newspapers by checking user info against external subscription information and redirecting to appropriate newspaper. Initially built shortcodes and later adapted them to WordPress blocks using ESnext to accommodate customizations for individual newspapers.
2016-2019 – Paid Memberships Pro
WordPress developer (full-time until Jan 2019) working with core plugin and add ons.
• Developed first round of PMPro Gutenberg Blocks.
• Architected Sitewide Sales Add On with php Namespacing, classes and autoloading.
2013-present – WordPress Developer
Full-time freelance developer working with all aspects of Design, Development and Maintenance of WordPress sites
• Connecting site via variety of APIs, Version control with Git, Implementing SEO Best Practices.
2013 March-Nov 2013 – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR – WP Valet, LLC
Bootstrapped start-up service company specializing in Migrations and Maintenance of WordPress websites
• Working closely with the CEO developed and implemented new lines of revenue to help ensure the consistent growth of the company.
• Built CRM infrastructure and communication platform for company-wide information sharing.
• Mentored and coached employees and contractors at all levels of the company.
2012 – IT DIRECTOR, Locations and Transportation Manager, – The Suspect LLC
Independent Feature Film starring Mekhi Phifer, William Sadler, Sterling K. Brown and Derek Roché.
• Employed natural resourcefulness by scouting situationally appropriate locations and negotiating their contractual use while operating within an extremely tight budget.
• Outfitted Production Office with infrastructure including installing CAT5e cabling, establishing CRM, Google Apps, intranet , VOIP telephony and web presence.
2009 – 2012 MANAGING DIRECTOR – Emergent 24/7 Consulting
Boutique consulting firm geared toward purpose-driven business focussing on process improvement, change management, team building and encouraging leadership at all levels
• Developed, compiled, documented and implemented a system of Best Practices designed to streamline, clarify and simply store processes for training and as a management tool.
• Rolled out social networking platform using WordPress MultiUser with Buddypress plugin targeting companies and individuals who achieve profits through the pursuit of a higher purpose.
2003 – 2009 OPERATIONS MANAGER – Century GSE, Santa Barbara, California
An organization that markets professional ground support equipment services to major airlines, ground handling, cargo and private aircraft companies.
• Oversaw all sales and marketing efforts, refined an online Customer Relationship Management (CRM) built with PHP and designed for email marketing with SEO.
• Developed in-house CRM using relational databases in Filemaker Pro to ensure proper documentation of customer contact and follow up.
2000 – 2001 PROJECT MANAGER – 2001 LSA Linguistic Institute, UC, Santa Barbara
The institute is held at a different university every other year. My job was to take the framework of the LSA program and fit it into the structure of UCSB Summer Sessions.
• Recruited by Dean of UCSB Graduate Studies to develop the logistical strategy and business plan the LSA summer program, a 6-week intensive course attended by 1,000 people.
• Developed CRM using FileMaker Pro in order to keep track of all logistics for event including: class schedule coordination, print marketing, equipment, registration, agendas, transportation, and travel accommodations.
1990 – 1993 VICE PRINCIPAL/ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF STUDIES
International Language School, Budapest, Hungary Private language school specializing in training adults to learn to speak English through a variety of different curricula.
• Provided the leadership, vision, strategy, training and resources necessary to ensure all educational training and programs reflected the highest degree of quality and accuracy.
• Managed financial operations, prepared budgets and forecasts.
• Played a vital role in profoundly transforming the structure and quality of the language program.
University of California, Santa Barbara, CA – C.Phil., (PhD Candidate) Linguistics, 1996-2002
University of Montana, Missoula, MT – M.A. Linguistics, 1994-1996
La Salle University, Philadelphia, PA – B.A., Business Administration and French, 1990 Université de Fribourg, Fribourg, Switzerland – Coursework in French Language, 1988-89